In this role we are looking for someone who can help us “predict the future, based on patterns”, someone who will define the questions that will help us identify those problems and opportunities where we can have the biggest commercial impact if addressed correctly. So, if you are eager to not just report on what has happened but think about how to use data to drive our future, you are the person we are looking for!
This role requires a creative, (socially) intelligent and curious person who understands data requirements, has demonstrated practical knowledge and expertise in applying statistical models and querying tools to analyze, enrich and validate data from a variety of data sources and platforms in order to deliver tangible results aligned to our business objectives and success. This position has an international character. The position acts as a liaison between internal customers, different functional groups within the commercial domain and different geographies.
The candidate is expected to be a subject matter expert in data extraction, transformation, enrichment, and analytics, while at the same time having a good understanding of sales- and buying processes.
As part of the Commercial Excellence team and reporting to the Group Director Comex Transformation, this position will be responsible for:
- Developing performance and support analytics for Pricing and Commercial Excellence programs and projects at OpCo as well as Group level;
- Extracting, transforming and analyzing data from multiple sources that help Sales leaders set the right price for the right customer for the right product as well as driving sales productivity (e.g. portfolio analysis, internal benchmarking, etc.);
- Create tooling that help Sales and Branch Leads prioritize their time and efforts on the right customers and prospects with the right offering at the right time (e.g. account segmentation, churn prevention, cross- and upsell possibilities, etc.);
- Support business with, but not limited to, asking the right questions, supported with analytical capabilities for developing initiatives to increase top- and bottom line performance, increasing gross margin, improving customer and internal performance conversations, and executing fact-based negotiations;
- Progress tracking and benefits monitoring of Pricing and SFE projects and programs.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The tasks performed by this position consist of – but are not limited to – the following:
- Set up and manage pricing analytical reports and dashboards according to requirements of individual platforms/OpCo’s
- Facilitate analysis of historic pricing and buying behavior and help identify opportunities to achieve margin growth
- Spend time in the business for focused support and to get to know commercial needs and opportunities
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal customers (OpCo ComEx and Pricing teams and Group ComEx team)
- Work alongside OpCo and divisional ComEx/Pricing teams to deliver business benefit
- Data collection and analysis:
- Provide analytical rigor and data extraction expertise to the business
- Collect, cleanse, enrich and validate data from a variety of data sources, countries, and platforms
- Create algorithms
- Strong AI and data crunching skills and knowledge
- Visualise analysed complex data sets to create useful information to drive margin growth and improve sales productivity
- Develop and maintain standard reports and tools to evaluate and improve current performance (price realization, gross margin, net profitability, customer buying behavior and profitability, basket development, etc.) of customers, customer segments, branches, and regions
- Create and deliver presentations of findings, prepare dashboards, next best activity, conversational topics, etc. to further increase gross margin and sales force productivity
- Develop recommendations, put into context analytical findings, and quantify their impact for business stakeholders
- Train local staff in use and interpretation of analysis, reports, and tools
- In collaboration with ComEx Leader, Commercial Directors and (regional) sales leaders, increase gross margin and sales productivity
- Support Pricing and ComEx teams in setting up transparent business cases for improvement, using best practices and benchmarking
- Provide data improvement and performance measures
- Communicate effectively with team members to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Program/project support:
- Ensuring that project plans, business requirements and functional specifications are created, managed, and tracked for projects/programs
- Execute progress tracking and impact monitoring of Commercial excellence initiatives.
Key Functional Competencies
- Detail oriented, analytical, and well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize independently
- Excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and relevant business skills to ask the right questions and interpret data to identify relevant numbers and findings
- Pro-active, self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment
- Positive attitude, team player, strong sense of urgency
- Professional work ethic and integrity
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master preferred) in Economics, Mathematics, Econometry or Business
- Minimum of five years relevant working experience
- Highly proficient in with MS Excel including VBA, reference formulae and PivotTables, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SQL and other querying tools such as Oracle, MS Access, and others
- Proven analytical skills, including statistics tools to structure, develop and interpret models
- Fluent (both in verbal and writing) in German and English (+ French and/or Dutch would be an advantage)
Based in local OpCo like Iserlohn, Antwerp or Paris with the willingness to travel 20% throughout Europe.
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong Communicator
- Planning & Organising
- Pro-active & Self-motivated
Group Director Talent Acquisitionmslinkman@bme-group.com
If you are interested in this role and you want to apply? Please send your resume and motivation to Marina Slinkman Group Director Talent Acquisition email@example.com.