The Group Digital Team is looking for you to revise and improve the governance, management and quality of our data.
Purpose of the Role
BME Group has embarked on a journey to enhance our digital capabilities. We are not only rapidly getting more data; our data also because increasingly important. Simultaneously our data complexity increases due to the creation of cross-OpCo data sets. The Group Digital Team is looking for you to revise and improve the governance, management and quality of our data.
We expect you to:
- Drive the realisation of an inventory of our data by conducting interviews and performing technical scans
- Providing practical frameworks to categorise, assess, cleanse and manage our data.
- Performing data quality assessments
- Driving and performing data cleansing
- Map roles and responsibilities with data management activities, such as access rights and edit rights
- Improve existing and create new data management and governance processes; in writing and in reality
- All in close collaboration with our operating companies (“OpCos”) across Europe, helping them to transform digitally and spot BME wide opportunities for (shared) solutions
- Be part of a multi-functional Digital team (Data, UX, IT, etc)
Key Functional Competencies
- Proven ability to couple tactics and execution
- Proven experience with Data Platforms and Data Lakes
- Tech savvy, high need for achievement and clear focus
- Ability to define key questions and answer them with data and analytics
- Being structured and fact-based
- Result-oriented and business cases minded
- “Deliver impact instead of working hours”
- Willing to travel and work with different nationalities
- Think outside office hours, while minding work-life balance
- Collaboration capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, very comfortable speaking with senior leaders
- Strong self-motivator, with a contagious ability to spread energy to team
- Ability to be efficient in a multi-country team setup
- Understanding the “give and take” relationship that one has with local, functional and group/HQ stakeholders
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience with data management and data governance in a product organization.
- Knowledge of data quality and data management best practices.
- Knowledge of data governance supporting technology. Experience with Azure Purview is a plus.
- Can work with Group Digital and Group IT on a data architecture best fitting for data governance.
- Willingness to take action and lead by example.
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships.
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals.
- Consulting skills, including communication with various stakeholders, change management and performance measurement.
- A stable career track with clear career progression within a limited number of employers.
- Experience with working in an international and matrix environment, preferably within the wholesale/trading industry.
- Eager and ambitious with the ability to go at least one level up.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Fluent in German or French is a strong plus; at equal qualification diversity criteria will apply in the final selection process.
- Willingness to travel.
- Do it
- Be real
- Win together
Schiphol-Oost and home-office, the Netherlands.
- First Interview by Recruiter
- Second interview with Group Product Owner
- Third interview with Group VP Digital
- Final interview with Group SVP HR
- Background and Reference check
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated. By applying for this role you agree to store your CV in our files and to share it within BME and operating companies during the recruitment process according to our policy. You may submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org revoking your consent at any time.